Last week on Facey B I mentioned I had some big stuff I wanted to talk to you about. I’ve been feeling the pull to get outside from my introverted box and out into the ‘speaker’ arena and start doing the occasional video blog post for you to connect with me on a more personal level. I really want you guys to, in a sense, ‘meet me’ because I feel so much connection with you all, just by writing interacting online together, so I thought it’s about time I show you more of me so you can get to know me better.
So, today is the mother flippin’ day! Here is my very first VLOG – and it’s a BIG one. It’s all about me, explaining to you, what your life purpose ACTUALLY is…. It’s kinda of the starting point on how to ‘find it’ and should hopefully put your mind at ease, and your heart back in prime position, inspired, ready and willing to follow it.
I thought a video blog entry would be an easier way for me to share my thoughts with you on a less ‘word overload’ kinda way, like when I post novel long blog posts and ain’t no body got time to read them?! Well, apologises in advance because my plan really backfired. I had every intention of keeping it short and sweet…. but maybe that’s just not my style? My strength is not in getting to the point!
It’s freakin’ 17 minutes long. WTF?!!!
For someone who is introverted and doesn’t talk much in a social setting, get me speaking my mind about stuff I’m interested or passionate about, and well, I can churn out 17 minutes of dialog in ONE take. Boom!
So, I say get yourself a coffee / smoothie / chai / wine and find a comfy place, but more importantly, some free ‘you’ time – and watch this clip.
I promise it’s got what you have been looking for.
And if it doesn’t, then I’m sorry – but at least it’s given you 17 minutes of down time, right? That’s still a good thing.
If you aren’t able to watch right now, and want the juicy bits in point form, here’s what I covered:
1. I tell you about where I am at in my ‘music’ career – I watched a documentary called ’20ft from Stardom’ which I found a lot of parallels in my own life right now, so I highly recommend checking this flick out.
2. I explain that finding your life purpose isn’t actually ‘a thing’ – like you don’t magically just find out your purpose in life is to be a yoga teacher and then you live happily ever after…it’s much more simple AND complex than that. See why it’s such a big, loaded question?
3. I ask you the question – ‘what is the one thing you have, that no one else does?’ – Maybe you need to find this out about yourself. That’s what I’m busy doing right now.
4. I discuss how our childhoods and education have allowed us to be here, now, questioning our lives, and the keys to undoing all of the limiting conditioning from those times which will allow you to contribute who you truly are to the world, in a free spirited way.
5. Key quote to focus on was “If you don’t get to know yourself first, then you will settle for less”.
I hope you enjoy! Please, I would love for you to leave your feedback in the comments below and if you’re picking up what I’m puttin’ down, please sign up to my weekly newsletter where much more secret squirrel stuff will be revealed soon 😉
With wilder purpose,